CLICK HERE to read the biographies of this year's induction class.
Sacred Heart School (SHS) in Sedalia will hold its rescheduled Hall of Fame induction on Saturday, April 17.
Festivities will include: Mass at 4 p.m. in the St. Patrick Chapel, 415 E. Fourth St.; a public social with refreshments and tours from 5 to 6:30 p.m. at SHS, 416 W. Third St.; and a ticketed dinner and program at SHS at 6:30 p.m.
Hall of Fame inductees will include:
- The late Precious Blood Father Andrew Brunswick, who as pastor founded Sacred Heart High School in 1941;
- Marilyn (Fischer) Arnold (SHS Class of 1968) and Jack Arnold, who have lent decades of their time, knowledge, and generous steward hearts to champion for SHS;
- Bonnie Diefendorf, who served as an educator and administrator and in numerous capacities at SHS for over 40 years;
- the late Leo and Cecilia Gerke, founders of Gerke Construction, who have had direct descendants attending SHS since February 1959;
- Will Kraus, a member of SHS’s Class of 1992, former state senator and current member of the Missouri State Tax Commission;
- Jane McMullin, a member of the SHS Class of 1987, who has been teaching history at the school for 29 years;
- Precious Blood Father Mark Miller, who served as pastor of what is now St. Vincent de Paul Parish of Pettis County from 2011-2020 and previously as associate pastor as well as an SHS instructor from 1971-77; and
- Sue (Keller) Wise-Hoersten, a member of SHS’s Class of 1958, who served as the school’s first development director and helped establish the Sacred Heart Foundation’s Annual Fund Drive.
Purchase tickets online at: gogremlins.com/hall-of-fame
Extended biographies of each of the inductees will be linked to the online version of this article at cathmo.com.